Saturday, June 27, 2009

Busy week here ....

It has been a busy week here. On Monday, I took Torrie to her ophthalmologist in Palm Beach Gardens. The doctor is giving her a new Rx for glasses (which we need to check with the low vision doctor to see that it is the correct Rx). I am working on a low vision eval to refine that Rx (Torrie may need aids at a later time thru the low vision doc too).

Tues-Fri was VBS at Sunlight Community Church. The theme was Crocodile Dock and Moses made a daily appearance. Torrie made several crafts, played games, watched a movie and really enjoyed being at the VBS with other friends! The snacks they served sounded DELICIOUS!!!!

Bryanna got to babysit Tues, Wed & Thurs. She played basketball with the dad on Wed and went again today. It is a good workout for her and Scott is a coach (but there are no jobs here in the county). Bryanna is good on offense but needs to work on defense. Bryanna will be playing basketball every Wed during the summer. She will be ready to go when basketball starts at school.

I took Torrie to the doc yesterday -- she's had a few bloody noses and was doing a precautionary trip to the ENT so we don't have a problem in Detroit. She has an ear infection - her right ear has liquid and the left is inflammed. We have antibiotics that we have started her on that she will take for 10 days. She is already not coughing, sneezing & blowing her nose as much.

I am getting Torrie & I ready for Detroit. I am slowly packing our clothes and getting our paperwork together. We have a full week, so I am trying to do a lot of this early - but not too early that all my clothes are wrinkled (I don't iron much). David and Bryanna will be pulling up our rug and putting a laminate wood floor down. The rug is the "original" from 1992 and has a lot of Gigi hair on it so we really need to get rid of it. The bedroom will look very nice once the floor is laid. I am glad I will not be in all the dust and gunk that will be coming up with the rug!

Hope all will have a happy July 4th -- I probably will not do another entry until we return from Detroit! I will have pics and lots to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment